Monday, November 8, 2010

Sudden Moves Published

I just had my first novel, Sudden Moves, published through Trafford Publishing.  This was something I have always wanted to do!!  The finished product looks great!  It went pretty quick, but I made the mistake of thinking their editing service was included.  It was not.  I had a long, grueling, editing process, which resulted in a few mistakes that went overlooked. 

The book is a young adult mystery/thriller, but the protagonist, Michelle Martin, gets thrown into adult circumstances when she tries to uncover the disappearance of a class member.  There's a little bit of everything - excitement, laughter, fear, family drama, violence, and even a little romance. 

I had a hard time deciding which publisher to go through, since I was originally going to choose Outskirts Press.  I decided to go for it, so I signed up for a package through them as well.  Things are moving along great and I am going to edit my manuscript even better this time around.  I have been very happy with their marketing tools, including a three minute audio clip and a sixty second trailer.  Their prices were must more reasonable than Trafford and if all goes well, Outskirts Press will be publishing my next novel, Nightmare at Camp Forrestwood.  This second publication of Sudden Moves should be out around New Years.  Happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment